What Might I Do For You?
I might independently assess your organization’s IT security and help you build resilience into your business. Put another way, this means taking steps to minimize or eliminate preventable risks that will otherwise compromise your productivity, reputation, and bottom line. I might:
- help you design and formalize a practical, cost-effective, and sustainable security program for you and your team
- assist you with compliance related to your clients’ security requirements
- help you verify an appropiate level of cyber insurance coverage for your organization to ensure you’re not under or over-insured
- provide awareness training to keep you informed on the latest tactics criminals commonly use to compromise organizations of your size, scope, and industry
- help you quickly put practical tactics and strategies in place to minimize the likelihood that you’ll become the next victim of a preventable cybercrime
- guide you through incident response to minor and major security breaches
- I might deliver a “Resilience Diagnostic” that quickly produces insights into your organization’s current state, including its strengths and biggest weaknesses, that outputs pragmatic, actionable steps that align your expectations and needs with a future state, including increased resilience to unplanned events to help protect the main thing: the vision you have for your organization’s success
- I might provide a broad scope of insight as your leadership team’s technology subject matter expert and ensure information brought to you is accurate, complete, and what actions to take with it
Pragmatic vs. Academic
It is not uncommon for IT and/or security advisors to be strictly academic and less realistic with their recommendations. It’s okay to believe perfect can be the enemy of good. Good is my short-term goal, to elevate your organization’s resilience quickly and achieve a sustainable and workable solution with great as a longer-term goal. My guidance is driven by you, tailored to your needs, capabilities, budget, and overall vision. It’s less about technology or security purism and more about outcomes.
I Make Complex Things Friendly
I regularly communicate with diverse audiences in plain English about technology and security problems and solutions. I use pictures, audio, video, stories, and memorable metaphors that make sense to everyday people. My presentations are not typical, snore-inducing, or face-melting PowerPoint decks.
When Might I Help?
I can help when you’re frustrated and impatient about the quality of IT and security in your organization or concerned about your alignment to industry standards on IT and security. I’m helpful when you’re uncertain about the right questions to ask your current providers and unsure about the accuracy and completeness of the responses you receive to those questions.
How Might I Help?
I might independently assess your organization’s technology environment and deliver pragmatic steps to improve in plain English. Engagements vary depending on your concerns but I often help answer questions like:
- “Is our IT fit-for-purpose?” I might analyze your current IT environment and help you measure alignment to the needs of your organization. Then, we work together to address gaps.
- “Is our IT secure?” I might assess how your IT is contributing to your organization’s resilience against cyber crime, payment fraud, and other common and current social-engineering attacks. Then, I provide guidance on simple, cost-effective improvements to minimize your preventable risks.
- “Is our IT aligned to industry expectations?” I might assess your organization’s alignment to your industry’s compliance expectations with international privacy and data protection laws and standards, including ugly acronymonic things like these: ISO 27001, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI, CCPA, etc. I might define your priorities to meet compliance with existing and/or potentially future clients.
- “We need everything can you help?” I might design a great starting technology infrastructure and strategy for you to be able to start-up quickly and make the most of your technology investments with regard to IT, cybersecurity, risk management, and outsourcing to the cloud.
Who Am I?
My name is Chad Calease. Over 20 years in diverse roles across industries, disciplines, sectors, and continents, I’ve provided independent guidance to business decision-makers by asking great questions about technology on their behalf, advising them on how to interpret and challenge the answers, and what to do next. Here’s some praise others have offered. You can learn more about me from this timeline, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
I Work For You
While I work with your team, vendors, and service providers to understand what’s going on, I have allegiance only to you. I provide an objective, practical perspective without allegiance to your current solutions or previous decisions. My analysis, synthesis, and guidance are truly independent. I answer only to you. I focus exclusively on your interests and concerns.
I do not have a stable of junior associates focused on filling billable hours. I do have a network of gifted, trusted, and specialized colleagues I can call on if and when I need their guidance and/or specific skills. When you choose to work with me it will be me.
Let’s Join Forces
Leave a voicemail and I’ll call you back –> +01-312-521-0458.
email: hello [at] wimzkl [dot] com
Confidentiality: Every conversation with me is confidential and a non-disclosure agreement can be arranged.