I deliver these kinds of commonly-requested services:
- help your organization provide informed and appropriate responses to your clients’ information security questionnaires and requirements
- help you build your operational resilience against a broad spectrum of unplanned events and changes that impact your productivity, reputation, and/or bottom line
- guide you through strategic response to unplanned disruptions to your business, like cybercrime, human error, and global events
- advise on how to create and formally introduce your own, internal resilience program and team/steering committee
- serve as your board’s technology and resilience subject matter expert
- help you build a team culture focused on a resilience mindset that eliminates more preventable risk and loss across your organization
- establish your 3rd-party risk assessment process for governance, risk management, and compliance purposes
- verify you’re not over/under-cyber-insured, etc
- keep you informed on current, relevant, and emerging applied resilience practices
- conduct annual team incident-response simulations (remote/table-top)
- ensure technical information brought to you is accurate, complete, and what actions to take with it
Pragmatic vs. Academic
It’s not uncommon for IT and/or security advisors to be strictly academic in their recommendations. In reality, it’s okay to have good as a starting or short-term goal, to elevate your organization’s resilience quickly and achieve a sustainable and workable approach with great as a longer-term goal.
My guidance is tailored to your needs, capabilities, and budget. Technology and/or security purism has its place but I focus on outcomes that produce value right away.
I Make Complex Things Friendly
I make boring things fun. I work with diverse audiences about technology, security, and resilience problems and solutions all day long. I use cool pictures, audio, video, stories, and memorable metaphors that make sense to everyday people. My training materials aren’t typical, snore-inducing, or face-melting.
When Might I Help?
I can help when you’re frustrated or impatient about the IT, security, and resilience (or lack thereof) in your organization. Maybe you’re concerned about your alignment to industry standards and risks to your organization. I can help you ask the right questions of your current providers and the accuracy and completeness of the responses you receive.
How Might I Help?
I often answer questions like:
- “Is our technology fit-for-purpose?” I might analyze your current IT and general technology environment and help you define, prioritize, and measure alignment to the needs of your organization. Then, we work together to address gaps.
- “Are we secure?” I might assess how IT is strengthening and/or eroding your operational resilience against cyber crime, payment fraud, and other social-engineering attacks and then help you with simple, cost-effective improvements to minimize your preventable risks in a sustainable way.
- “Are we aligned to industry expectations?” I might assess your organization’s alignment to your industry’s compliance expectations with international privacy and data protection frameworks, laws and standards, including ISO 27001, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI, CCPA, and more. I might help define requirements on your behalf to third-parties to meet compliance with existing and/or new business clients.
- “We need everything. Can you help?” I might design and help you build lean, predictable startup technology infrastructure and strategy to make the most of your investments in IT, resilience, risk management, and outsourcing to the cloud.
My name’s Chad Calease. I’ve advised business leaders on applied operational resilience for 20 years across contexts, industries, disciplines, sectors, and continents. Teams know me as a people-focused systems designer at heart, a pragmatic and fluent technologist in the head, a resourceful collaborator, true-to-the-cause. Here’s some praise others have offered.
I Work For You
While I work with you, your team, vendors, partners and/or service providers, I have allegiance only to you. I provide an agnostic, objective, and practical perspective. My analysis, synthesis, and guidance are truly independent. I answer only to you. I focus on your interests and concerns.
I don’t have a stable of junior associates focused on filling billable hours. I do have a network of gifted, trusted, and specialized colleagues around the globe I call on if and when further guidance and/or specific skills are required. When you choose to work with me it will be me.
Let’s Join Forces
Leave a voicemail and I’ll call you back –> +01-312-521-0458.
Or send an email: hello [at] wimzkl [dot] com
Confidentiality: Every conversation with me is confidential and a mutual non-disclosure agreement can be arranged.